CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

so i didn't fall off the face of the earth afterall...

I'm going to try to get a post out...can you believe it!?!? I know, it's been almost a month. We have been so busy with doctor appointments, trying to get Malia's room done, other house work, and just adjusting to having little miss Malia around! I honestly have hardly spent any time on the computer, that's weird for me! Every once in awhile I get on and try to read a few blog posts and catch up a little, but every time I think I'll do a post, I never end up with the free time I thought I'd get.(Speaking of getting to read-I got to catch up on my friend, Amanda's blog, and I'm excited to announce that I WON her 1 year blogiversary giveaway!!! Exciting-my first time winning something! It's a delicious smelling partylite candle! Thanks Amanda!) But tonight now, I'm awake and for some reason, even though I will be the one to get up with Malia, having my husband home makes me feel like I can stay up -as if he'll help me by nursing her or something! LOL okay, I guess that won't be happening!
Both Gage and Malia are doing good! Gage is doing pretty good with his little sister, but has had a few jealousy moments. He loves to give her kisses thought-it's so sweet! Malia is definitely growing-starting to get some fat on her skinny self! She may as well do it now since it'll be the only time in her life where chubby thighs are going to be cute!
My husbands Grandpa passed away yesterday and although that is not something fun to go through, I am excited to have him home the next three days! Isn't that nice of his work to give him three days paid off! I think so! So, I am looking forward to having him home and to go to story time at the library again with us! Actually, I am so proud of my husband with this loss. It's totally fine and expected for him to cry and grieve, which he hasn't done yet, but I'm sure it will come, but his attitude has totally blessed me to God in this time. He has been so positive about his grandpa's passing because he KNOWS he is with Jesus! As if for us it is a loss, but rejoicing for his grandpa that he is in heaven-it's a celebration! I think it brings him comfort too knowing his grandpa isn't suffering anymore, which gives us more to be thankful for. I just love the attitude my husband has had and it's really made me think that when I die, I really don't want my funeral to be super sad, but instead a celebration for all my loved ones of me going to heaven to be with my Jesus forever! Even tonight when we were praying at dinner, he thanked God that his grandpa loved Him and that he was with Him for all eternity! It just amazes me to see where my husband is at with his walk and how God is giving him this comfort!
I suppose I should get going to bed though. Hopefully, I will get Malia's room finished soon and then I'll add pictures. I've been waiting to show it all finished instead of at stages! So far I am really happy with how it's turning out! Hopefully she will like it for a long time as well!
Good night!
Chantae
ps-I tried to add pictures of the kids, but I can't figure it out! We had some problems with Internet Explorer so we had to get FireFox and ever since we did that I am having problems adding pictures on Facebook and now on here...can anyone help me with this?

Oh and before I actually sign off-I have to tell you that my friend, Amanda, is having another giveaway...a planet wise wet bag! now for all you cloth diapering mommies, you probably know what this is...a bag for dirty cloth diapers! I don't cloth diaper, but I've seen Amanda's bag and it looks nice and can be used for more than just cloth diapers, so even though I'd probably feel guilty winning two things, I do think this bag would be cool! If you want to know more about it or try to win it yourself(but if not-it's okay-then i have a better chance at getting it!) go over to proudmommyof4.blogspot.com and check it out! Okay, I'm going now...

1 comment:

He & Me + 3 said...

Hey! So good to hear from you. I am sure you are just so busy with that new baby. HOw fun. Glad you checked in. Sorry to hear about your husbands grandfather, but it is a blessing to know you will see him again some day and that he is resting in the arms of Jesus. How Awesome.
Have a great week,
Mimi